Suffering from Knee or Leg pain?
Knee pain is an increasingly more common problem today and as a result we see more and more patients at our Philadelphia office with knee problems.
There are many causes of knee dysfunction, most of which are treatable with conservative care such as chiropractic manipulation, myofascial release, and rehabilitation.
The most common complaints relate to ‘wear and tear’ or osteoarthritis and although a condition such as osteoarthritis is not curable, the symptoms can be reduced and the progression of the problem can be helped thanks to our unique approach to treatment.
Chiropractic treatment may well be the answer if:
- knee pain is limiting your day-to-day or sporting activities,
- you have been given painkillers and been told to rest with no long-term improvement or
- you have been told you have arthritis and there is nothing that can be done?
Chiropractic treatment of knee pain
Stage 1: Reduce joint inflammation and reduce pain.
- Avoidance of aggravating factors, use of a support, sports tape
- Ice to reduce inflammation, muscle spasm and pain
- Soft tissue healing: laser, ultrasound and interferential therapy
Stage 2: Normalise joint function
- Specific chiropractic manipulation and mobilisation techniques to areas of restricted movement in the knee and surrounding joints, to increase movement, improve the function and reduce pain
- Deep soft tissue massage, trigger-point therapy and cross-friction.
Stage 3: Rehabilitation exercise program
- When appropriate we introduce exercises to improve strength, endurance and stability. We also work on improving your balance and your sense of joint position.
- This will help you to return to normal and also prevent new injuries.